When someone you know is going through a hard time, don’t say, “call me if you need anything.” Instead, say:
- I’m going grocery shopping today, send me your list and I’ll drop it off on the way home.
- I’ll fetch your kids from school this week.
- I’ve made some dinner for you, what time can I drop it off?
- I’ve booked a massage for you, the therapist comes to your house so you don’t have to drive.
- I’m taking your kids to the movies so you can have the afternoon off.
- I’ve got time off this week, what can I do for you and how can I support you?
- I know you’re not OK, tell me how you’re feeling about everything.
BONUS TIP: Share a copy of “I Used to Have Cancer” to inspire hope and healing!
MORE HEALTH TIPS FOR FIGHTING CANCER