It’s a sizzling summer and you might think that cooling off in the pool — whether in your own backyard or at your local recreational center — is just the ticket.
Not so fast — the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are warning about the dangers of parasites contracted even in “treated recreational water”. Chlorine can’t kill some of these parasites.
And let me tell you… parasites are no joke. They can wreak havoc with your health.
In a well-chlorinated pool, the Giardia parasite can survive for up to 45 minutes, and the hepatitis A virus can survive for about 16 minutes, according to the CDC. A parasite called cryptosporidium, or crypto, can survive for more than a week even in a properly treated pool or water park.
Read this article… and stay safe!